- Indiana University (IU), Bloomington, Indiana. Advisor: Ryan Newton. Summer 2015–present. Pursuing Ph.D in Computer Science.
- Teaching assistant, CSCI-P 523: Programming Language Implementation, compilers course at Indiana University, Fall 2016.
- University of Kansas (KU), Lawrence, Kansas. Advisor: Andy Gill. Class of 2015. B.S. in Computer Science with Mathematics minor. GPA 3.9/4.0.
- Co-chair of KU Competitive Programming Group, 2013–2015.
- N. Vazou, A. Tondwalkar, R. Jhala, V. Choudhury, R. G. Scott, R. R. Newton, and P. Wadler. “Refinement Reflection: Complete Verification with SMT”, POPL 2018.
- R. G. Scott, O. S. Navarro Leija, J. Devietti, and R. R. Newton. “Monadic Composition for Deterministic, Parallel Batch Processing”, OOPSLA 2017.
- M. Vollmer, R. G. Scott, M. Musuvathi, and R. R. Newton. “SC-Haskell: Sequential Consistency in Languages That Minimize Mutable Shared Heap”, PPoPP 2017.
- A. Gill, J. Dawson, A. Eskilson, A. Farmer, M. Grebe, R. Scott, J. Stanton, J. Rosenbluth, and N. Sculthorpe, “The remote-monad design pattern”, Haskell Symposium 2015.
- Liquid Haskell: Refined, reflective, and classy. PL Wonks, Bloomington, IN. September 1, 2017. [ pdf ] [ youtube ]
- Livin’ la
via loca: Coercing Types with Class. Midwest PL Summit, Bloomington, IN. December 1, 2017. [ pdf ]
- Monadic Composition for Deterministic, Parallel Batch Processing. OOPSLA’17, Vancouver, BC, Canada. October 26, 2017. [ pdf ] [ youtube ]
- Monadic Composition for Deterministic, Parallel Batch Processing (OOPSLA’17 practice talk). PL Wonks, Bloomington, IN. October 13, 2017. [ pdf ]
- Type Theorists HATE Him! Learn this ONE WEIRD TRICK to fake dependent types in a language that doesn’t support them. PL Wonks, Bloomington, IN. September 1, 2017. [ pdf ] [ youtube ]
- Detflow: towards deterministic workflows on your favorite OS. PL Wonks, Bloomington, IN. March 24, 2017. [ pdf ]
- Glasgow Haskell Compiler (GHC) (contributor). The flagship compiler for the Haskell programming language. Contributed to GHC’s support for metaprogramming, including
deriving and Template Haskell.
blank-canvas (co-maintainer). A Haskell binding to the HTML5
<canvas> API, which allows for graphical web applications to be written in Haskell.
HERMIT (contributor and tester). An interactive Haskell compiler plugin that allows a user to apply code rewrites to make the process of high-assurance software development easier.
HERMIT applies several semi-formal modeling techniques such as the worker/wrapper transformation.